Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bionic Man

Poor Peyton! We had to go get the holter monitor put on yesterday. I didn't know how big and bulky they were so I didn't quite prepare him. When they started putting it all on him tears welled up in his eyes and he gave me a really ugly look! The nurse asked if he was mad at her and I said no he is just mad at the whole testing process. We all told him how cool he looked and he was like a robot, but none of that seemed to help him. I felt so bad for him so I let him pick out a toy at Wal Mart and then we have just stayed at home. I don't know if this test will give us any answers since he hasn't had a "spell" with it on? This whole process is long and frustrating, but it has to be done one step at a time I guess. He gets to take the monitor off at 1:30 today and I have to return it to the ER. They will do a quick read for anything major and if they see something they will call us in, otherwise it gets sent to Children's for a detail read and we just have to wait on those results. I spoke with my sister Vicki who is a nurse at Children's and she said she cornered a pediatric cardiologist (I love her!) and told him what was going on. He said we are doing all the right steps and because of the way he broke out into a beaded sweat without any activity was a flag to him that we need to keep on testing.

My Bionic Man!

An exciting note: My sister Angela and her fiance' are on their way here! They should be here tomorrow night which means lots of wedding planning and dress shopping! I could use the distraction.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Peyt!! Well tell him he still looks cute with all of it on!! :) Oh, and I will get my dress out for your sis... Makes me think of the episode on Friends with the wedding dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up!! I so need to get my dress out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He still looks cool!! He is handsome.

    ReplyDelete