Monday, September 27, 2010

Peyton update

The doctor finally called me at 5:00pm and said that his EKG reading from Children's showed "normal"! My next question was why the one the day before showed "frequent PVC's". She said she did see one PVC on the 2nd EKG but that wasn't enough for them to be alarmed. Next step is a holter monitor that he will wear for 24 hours to see what his heart does over a period of time (This will have to be on a weekend since we all know Peyton would never wear one to school). She also said we need to have the Echo done because of his heart murmurer, that won't be until Oct. 15th. So still in the testing and ruling things out phase, but one test with a good report will help put me at ease for now. She did stress to me over and over that if he has another "spell" it is so important to check his pulse and get a count and call and tell her what it is. So I have threatened to take away recess and PE to make sure that if he feels a "spell" coming on he will ask an adult nearby to take his pulse. So if Peyton comes up and says "check my pulse" do it and ask questions later! :)

I appreciate all the prayers, texts and calls today. It is so hard to think something might be wrong with one of your babies! Your prayers and concern are greatly appreciated.

The boys verse for the week just so happens to be Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear for I am with you....

3 comments:

  1. Stacy, I am so sorry. I didnt realize what a terrible week you have been having. My computer didnt show me an update on your blog so I am just going back to read "drama". I sure will pray that you will get the answers to need quickly and confidence also in the results. Again, I am sorry, and will pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for the news so far! And, although it couldn't have been any later in the day...glad you at least found out today. Just keep us posted and please let us know if you guy need anything! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for you and Peyton

    ReplyDelete