Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This and That

Just some things that have been going on:

Easton had his 6 month allergy appointment. The doctor was very pleased that we have taken him off Zyertec and Singulair and he is doing great. Still having to take Nasonex and eye drops, but we are happy about his progress. We don't have to go back for another year YEA! Still highly allergic to peanuts which the doctor doesn't seem to think will ever change. Overall a great appointment!

Peyton has started playing Upward basketball. The first game ended in a tie, which to me is always better than a loss. Then last Saturday they pulled off a win, just barely, I was on the edge of my seat! James is coaching and he about has a heart attack at every game. I know how he feels because I coached Braxton's team for 2 years and it is crazy! Peyton doesn't love basketball but he is about 1-2 heads taller than everyone else in the league so he gets a LOT of rebounds and is very agressive so he holds his own pretty well. He made 12 points in his first game, but the 2nd game he only scored 4. Bless his heart he probably shot 30 times but nothing would go in for him. Hopefully next week will go better. Braxton decided to sit out basketball season this year. It has been nice to only have one in something right now. Baseball will be here before we know it and with 2 involved that will be something every night! Both boys are CRAZY about football and Peyton got in the car from school last week and said "Mom only 6 more months till we get to start practicing football!" They watch it on tv, they play it on the XBox and they play on the playground. They know all the players and the teams it is crazy!

On Sunday Papaw Carter took the big boys squirrel hunting and Easton got to have some one on one time with Maw, which doesn't happen very often! I am pretty sure they all had a great afternoon!


They spared all the animals. No animals or children were harmed during the hunt!

When the boys got home James informed them that a squirrel had been playing in the backyard the whole time they were gone! They weren't very happy about that!


I did get out and go to town with Heather yesterday. It was so wonderful to be out of the house! We had a great girls day!

We have some fun stuff coming up in the next few months: a concert, a trip to see great friends, DNOW oh and a pretty big wedding too! I'm ready for warmer weather and fun times!

I have been loving my quite time with God this week. He has really shown me some things I really needed to see through his word. I loved this verse and it spoke volumes to me for this season of my life: "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him." Matthew 7:11 God may not give me exactly what I pray for, but he gives me what I need to get through everything!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to post this to you about your previous post. Check out her Your not Francis Chan post
    This is one of my blogging friends (:
    http://www.hopeunfolding.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thank you so much for that! It truly blessed me to read that.

    ReplyDelete