Sunday, January 16, 2011

Radical

We are reading the book "Radical" in church for the next 6 weeks and studying it in groups and on Sundays. I have to admit it stings and it stings bad. I am reflecting and praying and digging into what God wants me to get out of this study. I am so blessed to have a wonderful Life Group to go through this study with and pray for each other over the next 6 weeks. It's always good to start the year off with your priorities in check, and hopefully grow and maintain them through out the year. I love Jesus, but I am not perfect, so not perfect. The only one to walk this earth that was and ever will be perfect is my Jesus and I am so thankful for him today and every day!

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14

This verse has always terified me, but today Brother Jeff put it more into perspective. Jesus is the narrow gate. It won't be an easy journey to follow Jesus and to put him first in this world we live in, but it will be the most rewarding journey in the end. I yearn for Jesus to just pour out of me and I feel like I come up short all the time. I just want to grow each day in my relationship with him and hopefully someday he will pour out of me. I won't ever quit trying and he won't ever stop loving me that I am sure of.

We were talking in our Life Group today about IF God called you to do something radical would you do it? I don't feel like God has ever called me to do something like move to Africa or adopt a child or sell everything I own etc. So I keep asking God what does he want from me, why am I here? I don't have what others would see as a radical answer, but sometimes I think maybe God 's will for me right now is to raise 3 Christian men? Maybe that is my purpose. It may not seem like much but I will assure you, it is radical, and it is NOT easy and there are days I want to throw my hands up, but I don't. I will press on for as of right now this is why God has me here. Maybe in 10 years he will ask me to do something else radical and I pray that I will be ready to accept his request with a joyful heart!

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:14

1 comment:

  1. Phillippians 3:14~My year verse! I read Radical awhile ago. . .and what to do with was very confusing to me. I felt really fustrated at times with the whole thing. Although, I am still wondering exactly what I am supposed to do, I am willing. I will be obedient. I pray that will be God-honoring. Glad you are reading and learning. I am thankful you are plugged into a Life Group.

    ReplyDelete