Monday, May 17, 2010

Baseball news

Well while we were gone to TX the boys both had make up baseball games from all the rain outs. I hated to miss them, but thankfully the grandparents didn't mind taking them. Of course they got more than they bargained for when the games were to start at 9:00am and when they got there at 8:30 they told them it was delayed 2 hours!! Of course all the parents were mad, but I'm thankful Papa Cleve was a great sport and stuck it out with them. Braxton's team was making up regular season games and I was told his team played so hard and had 2 really close and tuff losses. Braxton has hit the ball these last few games instead of just standing there hoping for a walk, so we are very proud of him for getting over the fear. Kid pitch is hard!

Peyton's team was making up the pre-season tournament and they were in the semi finals. They won the first game and then played in the championship game. I was getting a play by play on my phone and was a nervous wreak! In the end the boys played hard but came up short losing 10-9! You can see from the picture that Peyton was not happy about it! He told me he was so mad that he lost. He is so competitive and even though he got a trophy he was still sad it wasn't 1st place!


You boys did great and thank you Maw, Papa Cleve and Memaw for all your hard work! Love you! If mama can help it I will not miss one more game! It breaks my heart to miss watching them play ball and cheering them on, it is one of my most favorite mom duties and privileges!

2 comments:

  1. You missed some GOOD games :) I've never seen a bunch of boys so sad about a trophy. They were all just moping around with their heads down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Peyton would be upset if they lost. It makes it harder on us when they are so hard on themselves.

    ReplyDelete