Saturday, January 16, 2010

Upward

These are pictures from last weeks Upward games. I didn't even bother to take my camera today because I had Easton in tow. Peyton's team won last week, and this week they tied, they have a good little team. Braxton's team had the same score 2 weeks in a row 25-14, they lost both games. James said if they would give Braxton's team an IQ test they would blow all the other teams out of the water! They are all such sweet smart boys, but are having a rough little start in basketball! Braxton did sink a "nothing but net" shot today and was SO excited. Peyton scored 14 points this week and was stressed out the whole game because it was so close, but I told him a tie is better than a loss! My boys couldn't be any more different if they tried! Easton was pretty good for the first game, but by the second game he was running out on the court and dancing! Peyton said "I'm so glad no one knows he is my brother". I hated to tell him that most people knew exactly who he was related to. After all that dancing Easton took a long nap and the big boys went to play at Memaw and Papa's house.

It was a nice day overall I really can't complain about my life and am thankful that I have a healthy 2 year old dancing out on the basketball court. Now I am off to iron the kids clothes for church tomorrow and praying for a lot of families in our community that are suffering with illness and loss. I read this verse tonight which I have read a million times, but it is so true when things just don't make sense: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6







1 comment:

  1. The pics are great. Your post encouraged me, I sometimes complain because being a mom is hard but I have nothing to complain about when I get in the righ frame of mind. Lauren was dancing on the court on sat too.

    ReplyDelete