Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Busy Bees







We have been playing with blocks and reading Easton's new favorite book Buzz-Buzz Busy Bees! He says "momma you wanna play blocks, do you?" How can you resist that?

The boys have been reading in the book of Matthew at night and trying to memorize some things out of the Bible. James asks them what they remember from each chapter and of course Braxton can pretty much tell you everything and Peyton says, "what were we talking about?" That boy is off in another world sometimes, it is funny but I really want him to understand and learn what God has to teach him, I will just pray for him and I have faith that it will all click with him when he is ready to truly accept Jesus as his savior. My deepest prayer for all my boys is to accept Jesus, be saved and get baptized. If all 3 of my boys do this with a true heart and love for Christ my heart will be full of joy. After all this is THE only thing that truly matters when your life is over. People won't ask: Was he rich? Was he handsome? Was he successful? They will ask: Was he saved? I want those who are still here to be able to say without a doubt "Yes, he was" , and know that they are walking the streets of gold, with their maker and savior for all of eternity.

I know God gave me each of my children for a reason, with all their little quirks and perks they are mine to take care of and raise up and I don't want to let God or them down. No, I can't save them, but I can give them all the opportunities and show them by setting an example (which I fall short on doing daily) and pray for them that they will make the right decision to love Jesus with all the heart, soul and mind. Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not part from it. Proverbs 22:6

Sorry this post got kinda long and off track, but this is for my boys to read someday and I want them to know where my heart is and that I love them, but Jesus loves them even more.

Braxton has been saved and baptized and that was a day full of tears and happiness and I pray for a day like that for my other two boys as well.


4 comments:

  1. God loves you, and he loves your son. God has some wonderful things in store for your son. He puposely chose you, out of all the woman in the world, to be your son's mother. He knew the struggles and challenges you would face. He knew all your faults and failures as a mother, and yet he still chose you as the right person to raise his child- because he also knew your strenghts and skills. Truly, you are worthy to be your son's mother, an awesome woman.
    Good parenting, and God Bless you. . .

    Words are from Thats My Son by Rick Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! It does not matter about fame or fortune. I hope we can spread this message to all those around us who do not know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your lincoln log photos--did you take those? You are quite the photographer! Great job! Welcome to the blogworld--glad you are here.
    Also, who did your Bulldog photos? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I got a new camera and was just playing with it. The only good pics I seem to get are still shots, still messing with it. Shannon Walker took those Bulldog pictures. Her link is over on my side bar for a Moment Captured Photography.

    ReplyDelete